The Many Misadventures of an Aspiring Raw-Foodist

The purpose of this blog is to give you a realistic view of the transition to a raw vegan life and the restoration of health. It isn't always easy. I don't always feel amazing. But in the end it is worth it. My hope is that I can inspire others to make positive changes in their own lives.



11.05.2010

Three Weeks on Adya

***UPDATE*** Adya Clarity has recently been recalled by its primary seller, Matt Monarch. This is due to inaccurate labeling and fraudulent marketing by the producer of the product, Adya, Inc. To view Matt's official appology click here. For more info on what has been discovered about Adya Clarity and Adya, Inc., click here.




I started taking the supershots on Oct. 11th (if you don’t know what I’m referring to, see the post just previous to this one). At that time my most troublesome physical symptoms were:


Frequent stomach pains


Digestive problems


Colitis


Irritable Bowel Syndrome


Eczema


Brain fog


Trouble concentrating


Exhaustion


Anxiety


Depression


OCD


Anger/Irritablity


Headaches


Muscle tension pain, esp shoulders and neck


Sweet cravings


Itchy dry skin


Dry scalp


Gas


Painful bloating


Hemorrhoids


Mood swings


Loose stools


Sinus troubles/post nasal drip


Excess mucus


Dizziness


Poor memory


Weak fingernails


Stomach fat


Persistent cough


Earaches (no Dr. could ever identify a cause)


Muscle weakness


Sensitivity to fragrances/chemicals


Trouble comprehending simple things


Sore throat


Heartburn


Chronic pain


Hypoglycemia


Food allergies/sensitivities


Gluten sensitivity


Nausea


Loss of appetite


Teeth pain


Unrestful sleep


Light sensitivity


Blurred vision


Cold and heat sensitivity


Low body temp


Low blood pressure


Tingling/numbness in extremities


Foot pain


Dry mouth and eyes


Difficulty swallowing


Skin discoloration


Tinnitus


Sensitivity to noise


Light-headedness


Fibromyalgia


Nail ridges


Jaw pain


Dark circles under eyes


Ingrown hairs


Dry, cracking heels


Rib pain


Poor night vision


Tonsil infections




A good 95% of these are common Candida symptoms, which is the reason I’m taking Adya. As I mentioned in a previous post I first heard about Adya when I saw a youtube video of Angela Stokes-Monarch talking about how she’d cured her own Candida.


I’m now 3.5 weeks in. For Angela it took about 6 weeks. After the 1st week I’d lost 3 lbs (that’s a lot for a person my size, considering I’m 5’7” and it put me at 117lbs). I felt pretty good. I was as un-bloated in my midsection as I can remember ever having been in my life. Then… I bloated. I bloated good. I bloated so big I looked an easy 6 months pregnant and felt like my skin was going to rip open and my organs were going to come bursting out. My muscle pain increased. I went into a major brain fog. I had an eczema flare up, had an acne breakout. A bunch of bad tasting mucus settled in the back of my throat and my nose ran nonstop. I got moody… okay, maybe not moody, more like ferociously angry. I became more light-headed than usual. My blood sugar went super-loopy. I wanted to eat the whole world, especially if it was sweet or salty. And lastly, I started expelling some of the nastiest smelling gas I’ve ever had… frequently and uncontrollably. It’s safe to assume I wasn’t in any mood for going out. Of course, all of this also made my anxiety worse as I wondered what on earth was wrong with my body (again) and felt like there was no hope or help for me and I for sure was going to die. Then I got over my dumb. DUH. Yeast die-off symptoms, silly! It’s got to get worse before it can get better. My body is still dealing with eliminating all those toxins, but it has improved over the past day. I’m very much looking forward to seeing what the coming weeks will bring. One thing I know, the Adya is doing something. There is hope. And hope is a great thing!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, Do you have any updates on your experience with Adya in the past month? Thanks, Emerald.

    ReplyDelete