The Many Misadventures of an Aspiring Raw-Foodist

The purpose of this blog is to give you a realistic view of the transition to a raw vegan life and the restoration of health. It isn't always easy. I don't always feel amazing. But in the end it is worth it. My hope is that I can inspire others to make positive changes in their own lives.



2.03.2011

Healings to Date

I mentioned at the beginning of my winter cleanse that I’d found my initial list of symptoms and that I’d like to post concerning the symptoms I no longer have, or that have improved. Here it is:

I no longer:

  • Ache all over
  • Have night sweats
  • Overheat
  • Have jumpiness/startle very easily
  • Have numbness or tingling in extremities
  • Am unusually clumsy
  • Insomnia
  • Tooth/gum pain
  • Dark specks floating in vision
  • Sore spot on top of head
  • Pain in hand when writing
  • Shortness of breath
  • Weak grasp
  • Rapid, fluttery heartbeat
  • Low back pain
  • Sciatica pain
  • Shin splints
  • Weak ankles
  • Buckling knees
  • Pain and swelling on knees
  • Swollen feet
  • Difficulty climbing stairs
  • Restless legs
  • Painful 1st steps in the morning
  • Pelvic pain
  • Feeling detached from reality/body
  • Blacking out
  • Cracking calluses on soles of feet
  • Foot pain, inside of heel
  • Pain down inner thigh
  • Cheek bones tender to the touch
  • Pain near left hip bone in abdomen

Improvements:

  • Fatigue, I am no longer tired all day, or even every day, for that matter
  • Sweet cravings, I no longer have them constantly and they do not control me
  • Yeast, making small strides in this areas since I began taking Adya
  • Don’t itch as much as I used to, less dry skin
  • Less angry and irritable
  • Hypoglycemia has improved considerably
  • Don’t bruise as much
  • Less dermographia
  • Dizziness is much less frequent
  • Post nasal drip is nearly nonexistent, no more coughing from it
  • Anxiety episodes and few and far between and not nearly as intense, no full blown attacks
  • Depression is rare
  • Tearing, dryness of eyes, and blurred vision is nearly gone
  • Heartburn is infrequent and can be remedied with ginger tea
  • Hypersensitive nipples/breast pain almost nonexistent
  • Bloating/gas/intestinal pain has improved
  • Nausea, less frequent and can be remedied with ginger tea
  • Immune System has strengthened quite a bit
  • Eczema is improved quite a bit
  • Short term memory has improved, less scattered thinking, better concentration

WOW. I thought it was only gone to be a few things! Well, that’s exciting. Its been fun revisiting my old life, NEVER going to relive it though!

1 comment:

  1. In contrast, natural thyroid supplements may compensate for symptoms of low thyroid or, in some cases, improve the functioning of the thyroid itself. It can require some work to find the right one. In general, it is a good tip to work with a naturopath or other health care professional.

    ReplyDelete