The Many Misadventures of an Aspiring Raw-Foodist

The purpose of this blog is to give you a realistic view of the transition to a raw vegan life and the restoration of health. It isn't always easy. I don't always feel amazing. But in the end it is worth it. My hope is that I can inspire others to make positive changes in their own lives.



12.01.2011

The Cleanse Is On!

I gave an overview of my cleanse in my last post. Now that I’m a few days in and feeling settled I thought I’d show you what my typical day looks like:

*Upon waking: 1-4 oz. Aloe Force (raw aloe vera, I’m starting with 1 oz and will be building to 4), Water, as much as I feel I need
*When my body feels the need: 64 oz veggie juice, usually carrot and leafy greens but I change it up every few days
*Around 11 or when I feel the need: 50-64 oz Pumpkin Pie in a Bowl (32 oz carrot juice, 1 raw sweet potato, ½ avocado, ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice, stevia to taste, blended well), Renew Life Critical Care 50 billion Probiotic
*Around 1-2:00: Large salad with mixed greens, tossed in lemon juice with stevia and sprinkled with several ounces of shredded raw goat cheese, 1 TBS coconut oil
*Snack on raw veggies until dinner (I like baby carrots and sugar snap peas)
*Dinner (around 5:30): Large salad with mashed avocado mixed with lemon juice and stevia as a dressing, topped with tomatoes and sometimes alfalfa sprouts, a properly combined cooked side (like an omelet, OR steamed veggies, OR baked root veggies like beets, parsnips, carrots, OR steamed peas OR veggies sautéed in a little butter and covered with marinara and goat cheese OR vegetable soup… just to give a few ideas, 1 TBS Coconut Oil
*Later in the evening: peppermint tea with chocolate flavored stevia, or raw veggies, or more of the cooked side from dinner (if I feel the need), 1 TBS Coconut Oil

Things are going well. I’ve gained some weight and I’m having some cramping in my low abdomen so I know I’m holding the awakened toxins. I did an enema today and will continue to do them. I will also be making a few appointments for colonics in about a week. But, this is a good sign that the cleanse is working! If I can’t get into a good release pattern with the irrigations I will back off a little and add a little fruit back into my diet. Constipation happens when toxins are awakened faster than your body can eliminate them. This is the cause of detox symptoms, and leads to autointoxication (re-absorption of the toxins), we don’t want that!! I will keep you updated, I’m sure my eating pattern will move around a bit. Day 1 was pretty difficult but it’s easier now. I accidentally went raw until dinner yesterday and it looks like I will comfortably be able to do it today too! That is a huge step for someone with hypoglycemia! The first 3 days I had some nuts (like 10) to help my blood sugar along, but doing well today (day 4).

No comments:

Post a Comment