The Many Misadventures of an Aspiring Raw-Foodist

The purpose of this blog is to give you a realistic view of the transition to a raw vegan life and the restoration of health. It isn't always easy. I don't always feel amazing. But in the end it is worth it. My hope is that I can inspire others to make positive changes in their own lives.



2.15.2012

Beginning a New Cleanse

Today was day 3 of a 44-day Candida cleanse. This cleanse was recommended by my colon therapist (as mentioned in my last post). I will be doing the 15-day CandiGONE cleanse, 1 week of intense probiotic supplementation, another 15-day CandiGONE cleanse, followed by another week of intense probiotic supplementation. The 1st half of the cleanse I will be slowly filtering out my problems foods, primarily fruit and grain. They will be used as needed to slow the cleanse should I overcleanse like I did last time and not be able to eliminate enough to keep up with it. Ideally, I would be doing 2 sessions of colon hydrotherapy per week throughout this cleanse, but that’s not in the budget, so I’m making due with a slow cleanse, enemas, and beets. I will be taking Oil of Oregano during this cleanse, a little more than is recommended on the bottle. I am also taking Herbal Answers Aloe Force. My diet is vegetablecentric. I begin my day (vegetable) juicing as long as is reasonably comfortable, then I eat low sugar fruit (for the first week, then I will be saying goodbye to fruit until after the 44 days). I will have a salad for lunch with a cooked side, if needed. And a salad for dinner with a cooked side. In the evenings I will have a light, sugar-free dessert and/or herbal tea, as needed. Ideally, I would be juicing until dinner and only eating dinner (salad and cooked side) but I’m currently not where I need to be with my blood sugar issues to do that. I am also doing some cleansing lifestyle practices. Rebounding, breathing fresh air, getting sun on my skin, sweating, dry brushing, getting plenty of sleep, enemas (as I just mentioned), and working through buried emotions. This is the longest cleanse I’ve ever committed to, there was a lot of anxiety going into it, and there still is a good amount. I’m both excited and nervous to see what’s to come. I’ve never attempted to kill off this much yeast before, and I have no clue what living in a body without all this yeast feels like, nor where the process will take me along the way. Wish me luck!

The foods I will be eating on this cleanse are: leafy greens, neutral vegetables (cooked and raw), starchy vegetables (cooked and raw), raw goat cheese, organic eggs (on occasion, as needed), nut milks, lemon juice, stevia, vegetable broth, herbal tea. I will be starting off with raw almonds, raw almond butter, and low sugar fruit (green apple, grapefruit, or berries) as needed to bring the cleanse on nice and slow during the first 1-2 weeks.

2 comments:

  1. Very exciting, I'm looking forward to reading your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited to hear updates too! And even though you will be giving up many foods all of the foods you get to eat sound DIVINE!!

    ReplyDelete