The Many Misadventures of an Aspiring Raw-Foodist

The purpose of this blog is to give you a realistic view of the transition to a raw vegan life and the restoration of health. It isn't always easy. I don't always feel amazing. But in the end it is worth it. My hope is that I can inspire others to make positive changes in their own lives.



1.09.2011

Follow Up from This Mornings Post

First of all, the enema was MUCH needed! My colon pretty much sounded like a haunted house the entire time. I’ve never heard anything quite like it. It was fabulous… and gross… but better out than in.

What I really wanted to talk about though was after the enema. See, normally I don’t get to do things to take care of myself, as I’m looking after the demands of a house full of children all day without a break. Today I was home sick from church. So, after the enema I treated myself to a yoga session. I used Maya Fiennes’s DVD Kundalini Yoga to Detox and Destress. I purchased it just recently and hadn’t used it yet. I used to have some of her sessions recorded on our DVR and I loved them, but we switched providers and I’ve been without them for quite sometime, so I was very excited to have found her DVDs. Yoga is always a journey for me. I emerge from each session a better person. This session was, by far, the greatest yet. I cried multiple times throughout the session and I could feel negative emotions rising up and releasing. I could feel myself tuning into my core, my spirit, my true self, and my connection with God, the source of all knowledge. This is Kundalini. I feel incredibly relaxed and filled with soothing, pure, life energy. I can effortlessly take in a deep breath now, whereas usually there is too much tension in my chest to breathe deeply. Afterward I went to the kitchen to drink some water and I could feel my weight in my calves and could feel myself connected to the floor, in a grounded way. I normally live in my head. I never experience existing in my body. But I did today. I was so aware of the floor under my feet and could feel my weight balanced so perfectly between them. I felt like I physically existed in the world, not like I was alone and overwhelmed, like I typically do. I need to find some way to get help with my children so that I can do yoga more often. I may have to do it in the bedroom at night when Kolby watches TV and the kids are asleep, I’ve been avoiding that because its my only time with Kolby, but this is something I really need and I believe will make me a much better, and much healthier, person. I’m off to drink more water… got to flush out all the toxins I just released!

No comments:

Post a Comment