The Many Misadventures of an Aspiring Raw-Foodist

The purpose of this blog is to give you a realistic view of the transition to a raw vegan life and the restoration of health. It isn't always easy. I don't always feel amazing. But in the end it is worth it. My hope is that I can inspire others to make positive changes in their own lives.



1.18.2011

Winter Cleanse, Day 1

The day is off to an interesting start. I can’t bear weight on my left foot without pain, it started yesterday evening. I think I may have stressed it running last Saturday… but the pain didn’t start until two days later, so I’m not sure. When I step on it it kind of feels like the bone is trying to break all down the left side of my foot. Unpleasant.

But on the subject of cleansing, I’m excited and nervous. I want to eat! It’s going to be tough. I’ve been working through some food addiction/compulsive eating issues over the past few weeks, so not eating much is scary. My blood sugar was a little low this morning so I ate a banana, waited until I felt hungry again and did my Adya shot. Now I’m working on a cup of Spring tea (The Herbalist). It going to be a day of much urination… and it hurts to wobble to the bathroom, oh my! I hadn’t though of that! Life is always an adventure!

I have a goal to lose 5 lbs over the next 10 days. My primary issues starting out are: emotional/compulsive eating, acne on face and back, eczema around eyes, on ear, on elbow and knees, pain and tension in muscles, abdominal bloating, gas, headaches, itchy/dry skin, fingernail breakage, and rash around the mouth of my nursing toddler who also has foul smelling urine. I’m VERY excited that swollen feet and hypoglycemia are off the major issues list!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment