The Many Misadventures of an Aspiring Raw-Foodist

The purpose of this blog is to give you a realistic view of the transition to a raw vegan life and the restoration of health. It isn't always easy. I don't always feel amazing. But in the end it is worth it. My hope is that I can inspire others to make positive changes in their own lives.



4.27.2010

End of Cleanse Day 5

I can’t believe I’m already on day 5! I’m sad that I’m nearing the end of this cleanse, I want it to go on forever. Cleansing is wonderful. It transforms you in all ways. It allows you to reach new spiritual heights and opens your heart and your mind. Cleansing clears away all clutter and allows a new clarity. I wish I could remember, or had time to journal, all of the spiritual realizations I have had on this cleanse. It’s been a wonderful experience, I look forward to many more cleanses.

I haven’t yet had an opportunity to do ANY of the exercises I’d planned on. I’m really bummed about that because exercise pumps the lymphatic system and that is the means by which toxins are eliminated. I know I could be helping my body along, I just can’t figure out what to do with my kids. Kolby is either at work or working around the house trying to get all the stuff done that builds up during the trimester, so just like when school is going on he can’t help out too much. We are putting in our new garden though, so I did get some exercise pulling up sod chunks today, and some fresh air, so that’s good.

Tonight I made ½ dose of gall bladder flush and got it down without much difficulty, I did add maple syrup to it to balance the sour. It tasted bad, but I can handle that, the issue last time was how it felt like it was attacking my mouth. I couldn’t just hold my breath and guzzle it because of what it did to my mouth. I know the next time I will be able to do a full dose. I plan to do 1-2 per week for several months after this cleanse as well.

I’m sure no one wants to hear this, but I’m going to say it anyway, because I LOVE colon health. It fascinates me. Bowel movements and tongues. They tell you SO much about what is going on inside your body, and I love analyzing them. A good bowel movement makes my day. That said, the enemas I’ve been doing are getting better and better. It’s like with each one I’m able to dig deeper into the mess and haul out more and more garbage. So check this out. This morning when I woke up I weighed 121.4 lbs. (after I peed, of course). I went straight to the kitchen and drank my G.I. Gel with 16 oz of water. Then I went and did 3 rounds of enema. It went so well I just had to weigh myself after, out of curiosity. Even with 16 oz of fluid and fiber gel in me, my weight after the enema was 120.0 lbs! Isn’t that amazing?!! Well, I think so! But hey, I think it’s amazing I could even BE 120 lbs! LOL I started out my weightloss journey thinking my ideal weight would be 135-140. I had NO CLUE how small my frame is, what a fantastic discovery!

Oh, and I was dumb today. I realized that the spoon I’ve been using all this time for my G.I. Gel is a teaspoon, NOT a tablespoon. Oops! So I could have been eliminating toxins better all this time, but I think I’m doing great, so I’ll just pack up my tablespoon and move forward : )
Unfortunately, I didn’t have the ingredients I needed for a new recipe today. We were out running errands to I just had to throw something together when I got home. But, there’s something to be learned from that… what do you do in a pinch? Well, I did a green salad with veggies, celery sticks with raw almond butter, and cantaloupe slices. The kids LOVED it, and it was easy, tasty, filling, and nutritious. Maybe not gourmet, but with smiles all around the table, who can complain?

No comments:

Post a Comment