The Many Misadventures of an Aspiring Raw-Foodist

The purpose of this blog is to give you a realistic view of the transition to a raw vegan life and the restoration of health. It isn't always easy. I don't always feel amazing. But in the end it is worth it. My hope is that I can inspire others to make positive changes in their own lives.



4.21.2010

End of Pre-Cleanse Day 2

Behn modeling his raw Pad Thai


Another day down. I felt amazing the first half of the day, then I crashed. I don’t know if it was the fact that my boys woke me up super early this morning, or if it was because my allergies went crazy when Kolby was mowing the lawn, or maybe I let my blood sugar get too low, or it could have been detox symptoms… but I just got so super tired and fuzzy headed and just wanted to crawl into a womb. Regardless, I’m feeling better now, just tired.

I’m very much looking forward to tomorrow, excited to start the deep cleansing. Of course I’m a little nervous, you never know what detox symptoms will come your way, but luckily they are typically quick to pass. I’ll need to keep that in mind over the next few days.

Here is what I consumed today:

7:30 G.I. Gel
8:15-9:30 Green smoothie, as outlined below (frozen strawberry, mango, pineapple, and peach with shredded unsulphered, unsweetened coconut, and spinach)
9:45 organic red delicious apple
10:45 raisins
11:15 orange
12:00 1-1/2 stalks of celery with raw almond butter
1:15 green grapes
1:30 1 raw flax pancake with blueberry syrup
3:00 almonds
4:15 banana
4:45 10 oz green smoothie (same as above)
6:00 5 spears lightly steamed asparagus with organic cold-pressed olive oil, garlic, and sea salt and raw Pad Thai
9:00 ½ red grapefruit
10:00 ½ cup peppermint ice cream (raw and vegan)
10:45 banana

I realized today I didn’t note my water intake for yesterday, and I’m not done drinking yet tonight, so I’ll just say that I did drink more than my goal yesterday and I’m sure I’ll meet my goal before I go to bed tonight as well. I also didn’t take my L.B.T. caps yet, but I will.


Here is today’s recipe:

Pad Thai

Serves 4-5

1/2 head lettuce, shredded (I used red leaf)
1 large handful bok choy, shredded
2 daikon radish, grated
1 large handful shitake mushrooms, chopped
1 large handful fresh green beans, chopped
1 large handful bean sprouts
2 red chili, finely chopped
4 cloves garlic, crushed (I used garlic powder because my kids don’t like spice)
2 TBS sesame oil
1 TBS raw agave nectar
2 TBS Nama Shoyu (raw soy sauce)
8 TBS cashews, chopped
Make a bed of shredded lettuce and bok choy on each plate. Place all of the rest of the ingredients, except the cashews, in a bowl and toss to coat. Pile on top of the lettuce beds. Top with cashews.


No comments:

Post a Comment